Let’s allow ourselves to take a break from COVID-19 today
We are a well informed society. News at our fingertips and screens. On demand, 24 hours a day. We are talking to our friends, family members, neighbors, coworkers and the lady in line behind us at the grocery store with 85 cans of chicken soup. Many are asking, “What is going on?” I don’t know about you but I am tired.
The past few weeks our heads have been filled with advice, buzz words and breaking news. We have been told, repeatedly, everything from how to wash our hands to social distancing. Lots of “shoulds” and “you better” is the dialogue right now. Don’t get me wrong, these are good tips in light of what is going on in our world.
May I add a few?
- Stay Centered.
- Smile, laugh.
- Download a meditation app. I love Calm, but there is also Headspace and Insight Timer.
- Go outside for a walk. The beach, the park, your dog will love it.
- You don’t have to engage in every conversation during this time. You have a choice when you can excuse yourself.
- Put your cell phone away.
Skip a few news cycles, your brain will thank you.
- Dance, exercise, read, hike or listen to music. May not be your thing, but it’s mine. Find your thing and do it.
- Call a friend, yes, call. See how they are doing. Invite them to “your thing.”
- Check in on elderly family members or neighbors. They may be afraid during this time to ask for help.
- We are all in this together. Let’s make sure we keep our heads about us and help where we can.
Every story has an end and we know this will be over at some point. In the meantime, ask yourself this? What can we learn from this? Take care.